Darryn is an experienced sports podiatrist with a blend of more than 25 years in private practice and involvement with elite athletes and sports medicine teams. A Perth boy whose sporting background was that of representative cricket and hockey. Darryn’s passion for sport continues with his professional appointments with teams, but is also still very keen to keep active, completing the New York City marathon in 2007, his first ever marathon, and Busselton Half Ironman triathlon in 2011. He thinks now either his Garmin is broken or he is getting slower.
A graduate from Curtin University, Darryn has undertaken post graduate studies and has received Fellowship of the Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine..Career highlights include Olympic Games Podiatrist Sydney 2000 and Athens Olympic Games Podiatrist 2004 and Commonwealth Games Podiatrist Melbourne 2006 and Goldcoast Commonwealth Games Podiatrist 2018 , along with local and novice runner “Jane” who completed her first fun run this year after adversity.
When not at work Darryn is busy trying to keep up with his wife and two daughters.
- Bachelor Science Podiatry – Curtin University
- Fellow Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine (FAAPSM).
- APHRA Registered Podiatrist
- Registered Podiatrist with all Private Health funds
- Current First Aid qualifications
- Previous Board Member Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine (10 years)
- Member Sports Medicine Australia
- Member Australian Podiatry Association
- Guest Lecturer University of WA Biomechanics and Sports Podiatry (5 years)
- Regular invited conference presenter.